ResMed is the most trusted CPAP brand. Originally established in Australia, it relocated to San Diego in the 1990s.
These machines have a reputation for quality and longevity. The built in scoring algorithims have demonstrated accuracy. As a result, you can trust the data coming from your machine.
This particular machine is suitable for patients who are unsure of what CPAP pressure that they require, or for those who a variable pressure has been recommended by their doctor. Please contact us if you are unsure. If you have a prescription for a particular pressure (eg 10 cmH2O), the fixed pressure Airsense Elite is more cost effective
The AirSense Elite offers the following features:
- The quiet Easy-Breathe™ motor makes for a peaceful environment for the patient and their bed partner.
- Expiratory pressure relief (EPR™) maintains the optimal treatment for the patient during inhalation and reduces pressure during exhalation.
- SmartStart™ allows the patient to start therapy by breathing in, instead of pressing the ‘Start’ button.
- Pulse oximetry monitoring is available.
- Integrated humidification simplifies setting up the device and makes therapy easier for your patients.
- Using AirView™, you can access nightly therapy data, troubleshoot remotely (using the remote assist feature) and change device settings remotely.
- The user-friendly controls, intuitive interface and color LCD screen make it simple to navigate menus and customize comfort settings.
- Built-in ambient light sensor adjusts brightness of the screen based on the light in the room and turns off automatically.
- 2 year manufacturer’s warranty
ResMed devices also offer the following advanced functionality:
- Central apnoea detection
- RERA reporting
- Cheyne-Stokes respiration detection